Bengaluru: Clear all footpath encroachments by August-end, says KBG
Minister Krishna Byre Gowda ordered stricter action against repeat encroachers, including seizure of materials and double penalties.
PTI
Bengaluru, 19 August
The Greater Bengaluru Development Authority stated that “street vendors are returning to locations from which footpath encroachments have already been removed” as Minister Krishna Byre Gowda directed officials to ensure that that all alleged footpath encroachments are cleared by the end of the month.
Addressing a virtual meeting on Wednesday to review the 'Freedom from Waste' and ‘Safe Footpath Campaign’, Gowda noted that 964km of footpath encroachments already cleared across the GBA area, and asked officials to ensure that clearance is being undertaken along nearly 1,500km of arterial and sub-arterial roads in the City.
Gowda, minister for Greater Bengaluru Development, issued strict instructions to take action against repeat encroachment. Materials belonging to those who re-encroach and resume business should be seized, and a double penalty should be imposed on them, he told officials.
He said a joint meeting with civic and police authorities would be convened shortly to strengthen enforcement and ensure that cleared stretches remain free of encroachments.
"Across the five City corporations under the GBA, 1,02,002 metric tonne of construction and demolition (C&D) waste has been identified at 4,483 locations so far. Of this, 43,492 metric tonne have been cleared from 1,810 locations," the GBA stated.
A comprehensive cleanliness drive will also be held along the Outer Ring Road stretch from Hebbal to KR Puram.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *




